1. Hello Guest,
    Please register an account with your email or through your Steam account in order to view or interact with our forum!
  2. Hello Guest,
    Are you able to handle a position of power? Are you looking to support or contribute to our community? You may possibly wish to become a 1942RP Trial Moderator. You can apply on our forum here, in the respective section.
    Dismiss Notice

Global A New: Year, Start and Server

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Eric, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Owner Staff Member

upload_2016-12-31_14-6-36.png

Hello everyone,

I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year on behalf of the entire community's staff. 2016 was a good year for POG but not the best it could've been. As you may know, I was inactive for a good portion of the latter half of the year. I am deeply sorry for this but I had to attend to matters, that were more important in my life. I can assure you that I have much more time to devote, towards making the community and its game servers great again.

With the new year, you can expect some major changes. I will only be giving a brief overview of what is to come, as things have not been finalized.

1. GMPM, our player management system is being retired, along with the entire legacy ban system that has been in place since Sourcebans, circa 2012. I have developed a new system that is leaps and bounds ahead of GMPM, called POGCP. This new system abandons our legacy database structure.

Since the legacy database structure has been abandoned, I made the decision that all server bans will be forgiven when POGCP launches, this date has not yet been determined. This means that all players will be unbanned, if they are currently banned on GMPM. All history on GMPM will no longer be relevant. All bans will be forgiven, irrespective of the reason.

Bans created as of December 31st, 2016 on GMPM, will be subject to transfer to POGCP.

2. A new 1942RP gamemode is in development. It will be drastically different from the existing 1942RP. For that reason, when we launch our new 1942RP (1942RP 2.0) gamemode, we will be maintaining a legacy version of the latest build of 1942RP(relabeled 1942RP 1.0) on a separate server.

Your money and profile will not be reset. You will be able to play on both servers with your existing money and profile. The release date of this new gamemode has not yet been determined.

To discuss this with other members, please go to the following thread:
    https://peopleofgaming.com/forum/in...thread-for-a-new-year-start-and-server.58349/

• Like x 17
    • Love It x 6
    • Hot x 5
    • Nice Meme x 3
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • Cute x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Flagged x 1
    • Salty x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1