1. Hello Guest,
    Please register an account with your email or through your Steam account in order to view or interact with our forum!
  2. 1942RP has been re-categorized to DarkRP.
    1942RP is now categorized under the "DarkRP" category and no longer be in it's own "1942RP" category. If you wish to find 1942RP, you must find it under the DarkRP Category, or save the server to your favorites.
    Dismiss Notice

Global A Shift in Community Tone and Policy

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Eric, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Owner Staff Member

[​IMG]

People of Gaming has been in existence in some form for over 7 years now. The community was established on the principle of bringing people together who enjoy gaming. As time has passed, we as a community have diverted greatly from being a welcoming, open and friendly community to new members, to one full of elitist, hatred, bitter and drama-seeking people. As a community, we need to readjust the direction we're headed and create a new environment that is welcoming for all.

To address this, effective immediately, per the community rules Section I. A, will be enforced more stringently. Section I. A:
    Clarification on this rule:
    1. Show respect to other players and members, treat them with dignity and talk/chat with them appropriately.
    2. Flaming/insulting someone with negative intent is strictly forbidden, negative intent is judged on a case by case basis, but should be determined rather easily by a moderator, if not it will be handled by @Coenio or myself.
      1. If you don't know the person well, don't bother saying something negative
      2. If you think it's crossing the line, then it probably is, don't risk posting it.

The community rules apply to everyone, including members of the staff. Any issues regarding an infraction for breaking this rule should be dealt with @Coenio or myself directly. This is NOT a ban on jokes and banter, just on those which are clearly done with the intent to affect a person negatively.

TL;DR - We don't want pretentious people or assholes in the community. Treat people with respect, no matter what position you or they are.

• Agree x 18
    • Dumb x 8
    • Optimistic x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Trophy x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Love It x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • King x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Nice Meme x 1
    • Cute x 1
    • E-Knight x 1
    • Late x 1
  2. Eric

Eric Owner Staff Member

If any staff member, irrespective of their rank treats you with disrespect, you can contact me and @Coenio directly and we will handle the situation.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.