1. Hello Guest,
    Please register an account with your email or through your Steam account in order to view or interact with our forum!
  2. 1942RP has been re-categorized to DarkRP.
    1942RP is now categorized under the "DarkRP" category and no longer be in it's own "1942RP" category. If you wish to find 1942RP, you must find it under the DarkRP Category, or save the server to your favorites.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Clicking on unknown links

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Coenio, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:32 AM.

1. Coenio

Coenio Community Public Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Today I write this message to spread awareness of an event that occurred earlier this week.
    A few days ago we had a bot register on the forum (I know right?) And post a few threads, While this itself isn't a drama we would start a thread over, this bot did include a few links in every posts.
    And again, I know the risky click of the day is fun and all but we had a staff member open these links in a VM and it immediately reported multiple viruses on the system.
    Therefore I want to make it clear that if such suspicious links appear in either threads or shoutbox:
    Please do not open the links on your system as they will bring malware onto your system.
    Instead report them to me (or other UA members) so we can dispose of them.

TL;DR : Bot on forums, Malware links, Don't click, Do report.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Cute Cute x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Yokishi

Yokishi 1942RP Moderator Staff Member

You don't want your pc to become a botnet whore. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Nill Bye

Nill Bye I'm Worth It

Well duh.

It's 2017, how ya'll still clicking on links to get you instant Russian whores?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. PoG Life Support

PoG Life Support Veteran Member

What was the bot's name on the forum, so users can know if they clicked mr baddu's links?

5. Coenio

Coenio Community Public Manager Staff Member

mystyle1013

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. GVoidV2

GVoidV2 1942RP Moderator Staff Member

The threads were taken down almost immediately after posting. There was about 2 views on it and it had to of been Wolfe and myself.

7. twitch.tv/torchtwitch

twitch.tv/torchtwitch Veteran Member

8. PattyMelt25

PattyMelt25 Member

Hey man, Russian girls are pretty hot. Are the local hotties in my area worth the viruses? Who knows?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Heinrich Burgmann

Heinrich Burgmann Member

How else will I fuck hot, teenage girl's in my local communities for no credit, no signup, and no bullshit?

10. Sgt Anous

Sgt Anous I don't know what to put here

lol I believe my computers strong enough. I click on all the links I can just to prove my computer is powerful

I’m not clicking on your name, could be an IP phisher

• Agree Agree x 1