1. Hello Guest,
    Please register an account with your email or through your Steam account in order to view or interact with our forum!
  2. 1942RP has been re-categorized to DarkRP.
    1942RP is now categorized under the "DarkRP" category and no longer be in it's own "1942RP" category. If you wish to find 1942RP, you must find it under the DarkRP Category, or save the server to your favorites.
    Dismiss Notice

1942RP Update 2.24 and Recategorization

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Eric, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Admiral CJ

Admiral CJ Veteran Member

I cannot tell if you're being serious or not.

2. ٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶

٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶ Amazingly kawaii

I am unironically dead serious.

3. Nill Bye

Nill Bye I'm Worth It

It was sarcastic.

It just seems like every time a gun gets nerfed, people FLIP. Esp in the case of the DB
    --- Post updated ---
    DAMN IT KARSON DON'T POST WHEN I'M POSTING

4. ٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶

My unironic thought on the matter is that each gun needs to be 1-2 or 3 hit kills because if not people just pick the same gun over and over until it gets nerfed to useless. If each gun was equally viable then people would use their favorite instead of the "meta pick" and regardless of if you have a stupid one like old mg34 that doesn't get nerfed until months after many people complained you could still combat it just as fine with other weapons.

What's the point of even having the other guns if people are just going to pick the objectively best gun at the moment of time? This is particularly true with resistance who have to buy their guns, so they choose the meta choice [reasonably imo].

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nill Bye

Nill Bye I'm Worth It

I would figure that (like in MOBAs) some guns are better for different situations. If you make them all the same, then there's LITERALLY no point because it's all just reskins of the same gun

6. ٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶

This is not the case though because guns and combat in general is really simplistic on 1942. MOBAs try to stop protagonist-syndrome by forcing a specialization [Assassins are glass cannons, healers are squishy with little damage, tanks don't have a lot of burst etc.]. You cannot give your high damage basic attack to the tank, you cannot give your healing ability to the assassin etc. In 1942, however, the medic can have a LMG and the sniper can become the panzer guy in a flash. You can [and people often do] play as the mary sue.

If all guns were deadly then the differences would be in accuracy/range/cone/RoF/price[heh]/etc. They can still all be different even if they all do the approximately same damage. The big plus about this though is that people will actually use other weapons. I'd rather the weapons be similar than being killed by literally the same weapon on repeat everytime I enter combat because the other ones are objectively worse

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  7. Octus

Octus Witch Hunted

• Late Late x 3
    • What What x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1